Leena Maria Peisa was born in Vantaa despite spending her teenage years in Porvoo. She has been playing the piano since she was six years old. Her first band was a post-hardcore ensemble Punaiset Messiaat which she joined in autumn 1994. While in Punaiset Messiaat, she used the stage name "Lende Mielihyvä". Mielihyvä is the Finnish word for pleasure. After Punaiset Messiaat was disestablished in 1998, Peisa concentrated on her education. In 2003, she rejoined the band that now performed under the name Dolchamar, and was invited to Lordi by drummer Kita to replace the keyboardist Enary in 2005. In Lordi, she takes on the persona of an unearthly Vampire Countess. The name Awa comes from Be Aware. On the band's website she is said to have many other names. The British newspaper the Daily Mail wrongly credited a photo of a woman without make-up as being Awa. Her other band Dolchamar removed all photos from their website. Perhaps a coincidence, or just playing along with the monster image. In Greece, television channels claim to have videos and photos of the band without stage make-up.
With Punaiset Messiaat Edit
- Back In Bu$ine$$ (1995)
- Lemmentykki ('Cannon of Love') (1996) Highest position #26 in the Finnish Official Top 40.
- Älä osta; varasta ('Don't buy; steal') (1997)
- Punk on pop ('Punk is Hip') (1996)
- Tuu mun luo ('Come To Me') (1996)
- Hornan hovin häät ('A Wedding at the Abode of Evil Spirits') (1997; includes a horror comic book.)
- Onko tää rakkautta?! ('Is This Love?!') (1996)
- Oma rotta ('My Own Rat') (1996) A gold-selling single record in 1997.
With Dolchamar Edit
- Rebela Sono (The Rebel Sound) (2005)
With Lordi Edit
- The Arockalypse (2006)
- The Arockalypse Special Edition (2006)
- Deadache (2008)
- Babez For Breakfast (2010)
Singles and EPs Edit
- Hard Rock Hallelujah (2006)
- Who's Your Daddy? (2006)
- Would You Love A Monsterman? 2006 version (2006)
- It Snows In Hell (2006)
- They Only Come Out At Night (2007)
- Beast Loose In Paradise (2008)